Friday, December 19, 2008

Officially a Ballinger

This is a very exciting day! Hopefully by the end of the day Bryce will have his OFFICIAL last name as BALLINGER! We have always used Ballinger as his last name so he actually does not know any different. As some of you may not know I was previously married and was blessed with a beautiful baby boy. Shortly after Bryce's birth I divorced. At the time I thought my world was ending. Little did I know what God had in store for me. I met Seth when Bryce was 21 months old. WOW! Seth swept me and Bryce off our feet. Seth and I married a year later. Bryce has always known Seth as "Daddy" in his little memory. He has no recollection or involvement with his biological father. Today is the official day of Bryce as a Ballinger, but he actually has always been a Ballinger since Seth and I were married. I'm excited with happy nervous butterflies dancing in my stomach. Today at 1:30 PM we have our hearing with a judge to finalize the adoption. I thank God everyday for blessing Bryce and I with a wonderful husband and loving father.

At 1:40PM it was a official. The judge terminated the biological father's rights and granted Seth the adoption of Bryce. Relief and excitement swept over me and I got a little teary eyed in court as Seth spoke and answered questions from the judge. It is a relief that that chapter is closed and we can carry on as one big happy Ballinger family!

No comments: